- Half of holiday sales will be influenced by digital interactions
- 84 percent of shoppers use digital tools before or while shopping, and convert at a 40 percent higher rate
- 101.7 million US consumers will purchase on their mobile devices
- 86 percent of retailers expect their 2014 online holiday sales to increase
The ability to use mobile in marketing campaigns brings heaps of opportunities to increase retail sales. At Tactify, we believe that independent stores should be able to have campaigns that are as innovative and impactful as multinational stores. No matter the size of your store or staff, there are a number of ways to increase sales and expand your brand.
First off, there are huge benefits to incorporating mobile into your marketing campaigns. Almost two-thirds of Americans own a smartphone – and 55 percent of consumers who use coupons on their smartphone end up spending more money in store or online than they originally anticipated. A new study showed that mobile plays an integral part in the shopping experience of millennial moms – with a third saying mobile played a part in the inspiration and research part of shopping, and half saying they turned to their phones in-store to communicate with friends and family about their purchasing decisions.
So how can you increase your retails sales with mobile? Here are a few options:
- Send push notifications using geofencing or beacon technologies to communicate with your customers based on their location.
- Use NFC stickers or QR codes around the store offering coupons and reward points.
- Reward customers who check in on social media and/or share their purchases with friends. Use NFC, QR and push notifications to make this even easier.
- For iPhone users, integrate coupons and rewards cards with Passbook. Customers can easily save and access these on their phones (without a separate app) and eventually this will link to ApplePay.
- Integrate your social media with coupons and rewards to redeem in-store or online.
- Stay on top of the latest technologies like ApplePay to give customers the easiest and fastest check-out experience.
With any marketing campaign, make sure to use analytics to constantly evaluate and optimize your campaigns. Test which tactics get the most engagement with your customers and result in the highest ROI.
Check out Tactify’s products and mobile marketing solutions here.